Monday, November 11, 2013
Siemens Symbia Intevo SPECT/CT
Yes, we should indeed be moving toward SPECT/CT as the standard of care. But in truth, we are there, and even a cursory look at a SPECT without CT shows just how critical it is to pair the two. I'll go with Dr. Maurer's original sentiment. SPECT/CT IS the new standard of care. I'll even go way, way out on a limb, which will make the bean-counters tear their hair out, and the equipment-makers jump for joy: There is no longer any reason to buy a conventional SPECT camera; EVERY NEW GAMMA CAMERA (perhaps with a few exceptions for narrow, dedicated applications) SHOULD BE A SPECT/CT device. Period. SPECT/CT is now the de facto standard of care, and it is sheer foolishness to buy 40-year-old technology in its stead. How many PET scanners (as opposed to PET/CT) are being sold today? Just about none.
Siemens Symbia Intevo SPECT/CT:
Posted by turbospinecho at Monday, November 11, 2013
- Pianissimo™ unparalleled noise reduction with Tosh...
- Half dose of MRI contrast feasible for rheumatoid ...
- CE credits here: Emerging Concepts in Atypical Fem...
- Researchers find unexpected genetic mosaic in the ...
- Siemens Symbia Intevo SPECT/CT
- MRI Interventions to Present at 2013 Canaccord Gen...
- New Knee Ligament- MSK Radiologists Beware
- ▼ November 2013 (7)
- ► 2008 (35)
- ► 2007 (71)